Why You Should Blog?
Blogging is one of my personal favorites in the “what can I do to become better right now?” things. I’ve created a short list which would be showing the main benefits of taking the time and energy you have after (or during) a long and exhausting day at work and investing them in creating articles. Additionally you can read all about business benefits of blogging.According to Oxford Dictionary a blog is ‘A regularly updated website or web page, typically one run by an individual or small group, that is written in an informal or conversational style.’ And a blog post is ‘A piece of writing or other item of content published on a blog.’ As you might’ve guessed, we’d be using those definitions. Now that we’re on the same page, read on. 🙂
- Have you ever wanted to get better at talking about ideas, having more inspiration or more topics to talk about with your friends? Than blogging would be great for you. Once you start doing all of the necessary research for your article, all of the above will come naturally.
- Being a leader in your community, a recognizable name and an influencer definitely has its perks. If you write blog posts often you will manage to stay up to date with all of the latest news, trends and key theories in your sector.
- Do you enjoy feedback? We do, as it is one of the best ways to grow and develop. Writing blog posts ensures you can communicate with your audience and you will be able to find out what you’re great at and where you can still improve, probably even getting to know the people who can help you do that.
- Sharing your experience is inevitably an advantage. In Dreamix one of our core beliefs is that sharing is caring and that we must give back to society and the community that helped us become professionals in the first place.
- Blogging can make you see the world in a whole new perspective. Reading this much and then standing up for your own position, crafting an educated opinion could be really helpful personally and as an expert.
- Writing can actually help you develop healthier habits. As it requires discipline, organization, concentration and time management. Practicing in this fields would help you become more devoted and committed in your day to day tasks and increase your overall performance.
- Nowadays it’s not uncommon to have some level of self-confidence issues. Getting out in the world with your expertise and standing behind your opinion, receiving positive feedback and seeing the value of what you have to offer could without a doubt help with crafting a better self image.
- Like meeting new interesting people? Blogging is a very effective way to find more like minded people who share your interests and opinions. Building valuable relationships even online could be quite beneficial as the blogging community is quite positive.
- Most people love free stuff and blogging brings one of the best – free PR. Editors and online medias will start contacting you asking for contributions which would be an incredible asset to your personal branding strategy. One day you might even start getting paid for your efforts!
- You will become the person who made someone’s day much easier and better, who helped someone do their job in the best possible way and show their potential, who made someone think about things greater than themselves. You will become the drop of inspiration or expertise someone right now really needs!
Benefits for the Company
- You will get invaluable insights about what your audience likes and dislikes, how they respond to different topics, what are their demographics, interests and preferences. You will get to know your customers which would help you improve your products and marketing.
- Blogging would be the best way to maximize your SEO efforts. Articles will help you rank higher in different search engines which will inevitably make your brand more visible to potential customers.
- According to a HubSpot Survey, 60% of businesses who contribute with content have acquired customers because of the blogging part of their content marketing strategy. And who doesn’t want more customers and more new and cool employees as the business grows?
- When your company is positioned as a respected source of information it becomes much less risky to invest in its products right? Building credibility is of great importance and most of the time blogging is the best tool to address this issue. More credibility and respect – more delighted customers.
- Have you invested in brand building? Blogging could be exactly what you need – the opportunity to share your company’s voice and tell your company’s story. How was your company founded? What do you value? What are your core beliefs? A blog gives you the opportunity to share all of this with the entire world.
- It’s a really smart investment. The company gets a bit free marketing which leads to so many benefits as we have mentioned above while you get to help your company acquire more leads and develop and grow.
- When a person starts a blog they have to figure out who they are posting for and why. That helps with the company’s general marketing strategy, the building of the personas and generally it structures one’s marketing efforts and helps them become more targeted and on point.
- Blogging helps drive traffic and traffic helps drive leads. Leads can turn into conversions and generally, that is the aim of any business out there, right? So by producing great content and attracting more people to the business’s website, you’re actually helping with the sales strategy as well.
- A blog is great for press releases or announcements when you need them. If your company wants to share something with the world or a specific community, a blog post would be a great way to do so.
- It’s great for much more Marketing stuff: getting the emails of your audience, putting all of those keywords you couldn’t include in your website, testing a marketing strategy before investing a great budget in paid ads to see what customers would respond and much more!
What am I missing here? What are your benefits of blogging? Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it in!