If you are considering software development outsourcing, you need to know more about what a partnership with a company like that would look like. In order to shine a light on our relationship with our partners, we asked Troy Christofer Plota, co-founder of Plotverse, a few questions and this is what he had to say about his experience working with Dreamix
1. Tell us a little bit about your company?
I founded PLOTAGRAPH, Inc. in 2016 while living in New York City. I have been a Professional Photographer for over twenty-five years. I have been animating photos and videos for many years and I always knew there would be a need for dynamic looping content. Within our first two weeks of launching our beta version, we did over two hundred thousand dollars in sales on desktop. Within a year we built our iOS version and quickly went to number one in the App Store. Since then we have ridden the waves of a tech startup and it’s been quite a journey. We are currently working on a redesign that will bring Plotaverse into the workspace as well as in the hands of consumers.
2. How did you decide to look for an IT outsourcing partner?
We were looking for a team that could help us expand the product and bring it next level
3. How did you learn about Dreamix?
I knew I wanted a team in Sofia. I researched the most reputable companies in Sofia and Dreamix was one of the first companies that pulled up.
4. What was your first impression of the people you first spoke to from Dreamix?
My first impression after my first call with Stoyan at Dreamix was one of relief. He really understood what I was looking for. After doing some additional research I realized that not only are they really buttoned up but their coders are top-notch.
5. What made you decide to start working with Dreamix?
After calling several companies it was a really easy decision. They knew exactly what I needed and my Team was unanimous in the decision to go with Dreamix. I now refer to them as the “Dream Team”.
6. Plotaverse and Dreamix have been partners for over two years now. What are the top 5 advantages of having an IT partner like Dreamix?
- The Team is really nice and easy to deal with
- As a creative, I am free to change direction without any kickback. They really appreciate the creative process.
- The Team has no problem working on my time zone.
- Since Dreamix has a large company they have a lot of resources to pull from in special situations
- I could never do this in a house in the States with my budget. They aren’t the cheapest but they are defiantly affordable for what I need.
7. What are some of the challenges that a partner like Dreamix helped you resolve?
We work a lot with Apple and Facebook. The Team is very helpful with keeping up on what’s needed for Plotaverse to stay current.
8. You travel often to Bulgaria and have a close relationship with everyone on the team. How has this helped the creative and innovation process for you?
I love going to Bulgaria. It’s such a cool country and as I said earlier I really love my Team. It helps to sit face to face and go over what the plan is for the upcoming months. Screen shares do the trick but there’s nothing like face-to-face meetings with the team. Everyone always has something to add to the create e process.
9. Some of the main concerns of many companies are the language barrier and the cultural difference between the outsourced and core teams. Have you experienced any of these problems with your team?
One of the things that are so unique with the Bulgarians is that their English is close to perfect. It really cuts down on time to not have to risk questions.
10. What would be your advice to someone considering to partner with an outsourcing company like Dreamix?
Definitely interview many companies and make sure they are a good fit and they have Teams that are consistent. There are some companies that will float coders in and out. You really want a solid Team.
11. From your long-term experience in the media industry, what would be the next challenges in this domain?
It’s all about video at this point. We recently launched our Plotamotion App as a part of the Plotaverse creative e suite. I am excited to add more features throughout the year.
12. What can customers expect to see next from Plotaverse?
We have been working on our redesign that will bring our whole suite to the next level. Later this year we will also be adding some Machine Learning/AI to our apps and Dreamix already has a team ready to roll. Stay tuned because we are about to really take content creation to the next level.
Plotaverse has been a project we work on for two years now and we value our relationship with them. I hope you found Troy’s experience helpful! If you have any questions or are looking for further information you can contact us directly!